Did you just download Snapchat and want to learn how to use Snapchat like a pro? Maybe you’re a bit behind the curve and all of your friends are chatting about the new photo sharing app. No matter the reason, I’ll teach you tips to fast track your Snapchat skills.
Snapchat was just updated with a ton of new features that make the app a lot more powerful and useful when chatting with your friends. Below are tips on how to utilize these new updates to the fullest.
How To Snapchat – Walkthrough
First, if we start at the way beginning, you’ll want to head over to the app store and download the Snapchat app. Once you download and install the app, sign up for an account and decide on a wicked cool username to go with it. Now, make sure you sync your contacts with Snapchat so you can find friends already using the app.
Now, you will want to head over to the main screen where you see the camera is on and you will want to take a photo of something. After taking the photo you will be taken to the edit screen. A lot of the magic happens in the edit screen. Here are a few tips:
1. Use the Snapchat filters by making sure you go to the settings in Snapchat, which you can get to by tapping on the bottom left icon from the camera mode screen. Then head over to the additional services setting and turn on all of the options. Now, you can swipe right or left after you’ve taken a photo and you can see various sepia, black and white, and more filters applied to the picture.
2. You can write text by tapping the text icon and typing. Or you can use the crayon in different colors to draw things on the image. You can also include the weather on your image.
Finally, choose the length to show the image, and tap the bottom right arrow. You’ll need to select who you want to send the Snap to and you’re finished!
More Snapchat Tips
1. You can use Snapchat replays but make sure you turn them on when heading over to settings and additional services. After that, you’ll be able to replay 1 Snap per 24 hours. Anyone of your choosing. You can also choose to make it so no one else can replay your Snaps.
2. If you want to change the number of best friends that Snapchat shows to everyone, you can head to settings and also under additional services you can change the number of best friends from 3 to 5 or 7.
3. You can now text and video chat with your Snapchat friends if you’ve upgraded to the newest version. When you see the list of your friends name, simply swipe right and you will see a text screen appear. You can send text messages and even video chat with the person in real time. When you’re done chatting you can leave the chat screen and all of the text messages are automatically deleted.
Hopefully, these tips will skyrocket you to Snapchat heaven. It’s really great to think about the app in terms of the old show Inspector Gadget. Remember him and his self-destructing messages? I like to imagine this is what the app develops had on the brain when they created it. Now it’s in your hands. Go forth and Snapchat like a pro! Have any other tips or tricks or questions on how to Snapchat like a pro? Let us know in the comments below.