Facebook sign up for new account is easier than ever. Here’s how you set up your new account in a few simple steps.
The sign up process has not changed much over the years. Facebook generally likes to keep this process simple and it’s only become more streamlined since Facebook’s debut. In order to access any of the features of the site/app, you’ll need to do a Facebook sign up and this article will show you how it’s done! (If you need a language other than English for the Facebook sign up, look to the bottom of the desktop webpage for a list of other languages.)
Easy Sign Up Process:
1. Visit the new Facebook website (from your browser or just open your newly downloaded app).
2. When you see the signup form (which should be on the right side of the Facebook webpage), enter the necessary information:
- Name (This will be the name on your account, but after signup, you can change how it appears to your “friends.”)
- Birthday (Because you need to be at least 13 years old to sign up. At one point, you had to be old enough to have a college email account.)
- Gender (your options are Male and Female and you must select one or the other.)
- Email address (you will need this only once to sign up, but each time you login, like a username. You can later choose how you want Facebook to contact you)
3. Create a strong password.
- Take care of this now, on the sign up form, and write it down in a secure location so you won’t forget it.
4. Click the green “sign up” button. Remember, that by doing this, you agree to the policies of Facebook. If you want to review those policies, select the “Terms”, “Data Use Policy”, and “Cookie Use” links in fine print just about the green sign up button.
5. Check your email (the one you entered in step 2 of signup) for a new Facebook account verification/confirmation link.
6. Click the link in the email to complete the Facebook sign up process. It will send you back to the website and your new account so that you can begin to populate your profile and find your long lost friends.
P.S. If you’re using the app (and not a browser) and want to Facebook sign up new account, select “Get Started” and follow steps 2-6 above. Both processes are very similar and very streamlined.
P.S.S. This assumes that you’re not a celebrity, musician, or business. That signup process would be slightly different.
If you are a celebrity or company or band, then you would need to go through a verification process to prove your legitimacy. Otherwise, you’re home free on the regular Facebook sign up process for a new account. The function I really enjoy most about it is the option at the bottom of the page to change the language of the site to something other than English. You can have Italian, Swahili, Japanese, or any of the many languages and dialects recognized by Facebook. There’s even an option for pirate language. It converts the site into phrases you would likely hear on Pirates of the Caribbean the film and is entirely entertaining at best. The language function is very useful for folks who want to sign up for a new account on Facebook but don’t have a good grasp on English. Once you click the language, the entire site changes. Don’t worry. It can be changed at any time.
Let us know if you have further tips or questions!